Considering that the Situation of Public Calamity is maintained and that the national borders remain closed due to the pandemic caused by COVID-19, the Government approved the following measures by means of Presidential Decree No. 229/20, of 8 September 2020, and Executive Decree No. 233/20, of 4 September 2020, respectively:
• Allow, whenever possible and according to the health controls defined by the competent authorities, the return to national territory of national and foreign citizens, both residents and non-residents in Angola, subject to the applicable formalities and to undergoing a pre-departure RT-PCR test with a negative result, carried out within 72 hours prior to the journey.
• Authorize the gradual resumption of regular flights as from 14 and 21 September for domestic and international flights, respectively, without prejudice to the specific rules set out by the competent Ministerial Departments and compliance with biosafety rules.
• Maintain the household quarantine obligation for citizens entering Angola with a pre-departure RT-PCR test with a negative result.
• Consider valid until 31 December 2020 the following documents, even if already expired: identity card, driver’s license, vehicle license, vehicle property title, passport for purposes of returning to Angola and aeronautical, maritime and railway personnel’s licenses or qualifications, as well as the necessary documents for the review and processing of the respective processes.
• Consider valid until 31 December 2020 the visa exemptions and tourist visas, short-stay visas and border visas that have expired after 28 February 2020 and whose holders were not able to leave Angola due to the closure of the borders. These citizens must, however, leave national territory as soon as the current constraints so allow.
• Consider valid until 31 December 2020 the documents that have expired after 28 February 2020 related to the stay in national territory of foreign citizens who are absent from Angola, notably residence permits, refugee cards, investor visas, work visas, temporary stay visas and study visas.
Should you wish to receive additional information on this alert, please contact: