Railways and Transportation
Miranda´s transportation practice group offers a full service to both private and public sector clients in the infrastructure and transport businesses. We work closely with other practice groups within the Firm to handle a wide variety of work - whether it is project finance, M&A, regulatory, competition, employment, commercial, corporate or litigation.
Miranda´s transport practice group serves clients in all sectors of the transport industry: logistics, rail, road, aviation, maritime and ports. The group brings together a wide range of legal experts with extensive experience in transport-related transactions. We have a proven record as one of the leading firms in this sector, and act on a wide variety of ground-breaking and high profile projects, from rail infrastructure management to rolling-stock procurement, from maritime freight transport to road passenger transport franchises.
With our knowledge of the structure and economics of the various transport sectors and their regulatory and commercial environment, we are able to respond quickly and effectively to all legal issues in transport that may arise - and so assist our clients in gaining the necessary competitive and commercial edge. We have the practice and litigation experience to advise and represent clients in any transportation law matter, from routine commercial files to complex matters.
Our very extensive depth across different modes of transportation and the related infrastructure is a distinguishing feature of our group, creating one of Portugal´s most comprehensive transportation law practices. We bring together more than two decades of experience, deriving from multiple assignments undertaken for the Portuguese Government and for many public and private sector companies by our partner Luis Oliveira and his team since 1992.
- International tenders for rail operation franchises
- Railway sector regulation
- Allocation of railway infrastructure capacity
- Station management
- Network statements
- Rolling stock purchase and maintenance
- Public passenger transport service contracts in rail and road
- EU-wide road cabotage transport
- Road passenger transport operation franchises
- Maritime freight transport, bills of lading
- Working conditions in the railway, road and maritime transport sectors
- Specialised Legal Due Diligence analyses in relation to rail and road transport companies, airport catering companies, shipping agencies
- Railway infrastructure access agreements
- Rolling stock purchase and maintenance agreements
- Rolling stock financing agreements
- Road passenger franchise agreements
- Road freight transport agreements
- Fleet operating leasing agreements